Shrimp in Fiery Garlic Butter
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh medium shrimp, in shells
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 3 dried chiles de arbol, coarsely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Scallion top, slivered
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Shell and devein shrimp, leaving tails attached; rinse an drain well. Combine
butter and oil in skillet; heat over medium heat until butter is melted and foamy.
Add garlic, chiles, lime juice and salt; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Spread shrimp in even layer in shallow baking dish. Pour hot butter mixture over
shrimp. Bake shrimp, stirring once or twice, just until opaque throughout and sizzling
hot, 10 to 12 minutes, being careful not to overcook.
- Garnish with scallion; serve immediately. Use hard rolls or bolillos to sop up