Golden Chicken (Pollo Dorado)
- 1 or 2 dried de arbol chiles
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shredded orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2 pound) broiler-fryer chicken, cut into quarters
- Orange slices
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Crush chiles into coarse flakes in mortar with pestle.
- Combine chiles, orange juice, tequila, garlic, orange rind and salt
in small bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking continuously, until marinade
is thoroughly blended.
- Arrange chicken in single layer in shallow glass baking dish. Pour
marinade over chicken; turn pieces to coat all sides. Refrigerate,
covered, turning chicken over and brushing with marinade occasionally,
2 to 3 hours.
- Prepare coals for charcoal fire or heat broiler. Drain chicken,
reserving marinade. Grill or broil chicken 6 to 8 inches from hot
coals or heat source, brushing frequently with reserved marinade, 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; continue cooking and brushing until chicken is
cooked through, about 15 minutes longer.
- Transfer chicken to serving dish; garnish with orange slices and cilantro.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.