Lime Beef with Tortillas
- 4 medium limes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 small tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) flank steak
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- About 5-6 hours before serving:
- Grate peel and squeeze lime juice. Chop onion. In 13 x 9-inch dish,
combine lime juice, lime peel, onion, chili powder, red pepper and
salt. Add steak, turn and marinate for 4-5 hours, turning several
- About 1 hour before serving:
- Remove steak from marinade. Pour marinade into a 1-quart saucepan,
heat to boil, boil 5 minutes and pour into small bowl. Beat with
fork while adding olive oil in thin stream. Set aside.
- Cut tomato wedges, cut avocados into thin wedge, and warm tortillas
- Grill steak for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut steak into thin diagonal slices.