Lime Beef with Tortillas
- 4 medium limes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 small tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) flank steak
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- About 5-6 hours before serving:
- Grate peel and squeeze lime juice. Chop onion. In 13 x 9-inch dish,
combine lime juice, lime peel, onion, chili powder, red pepper and
salt. Add steak, turn and marinate for 4-5 hours, turning several
- About 1 hour before serving:
- Remove steak from marinade. Pour marinade into a 1-quart saucepan,
heat to boil, boil 5 minutes and pour into small bowl. Beat with
fork while adding olive oil in thin stream. Set aside.
- Cut tomato wedges, cut avocados into thin wedge, and warm tortillas
- Grill steak for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut steak into thin diagonal slices.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.