New Mexico Barbecue Beef Ribs
- 1/3 cup red chili sauce
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- Prepare a grill.
- Combine all ingredients except ribs. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Thoroughly marinate ribs in sauce. In a hot skillet, sear 5 minutes
on each side.
- Cover grill with heavy foil, add ribs and spoon sauce over. Cook
for 5 minutes, turn and spoon more sauce. Keep turning and saucing
every 15 to 30 minutes until done.