Juicy, jalapeño-spicy, grilled burgers topped with lettuce, tomato, onion and
- 1 pound ground beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Combine ground beef, jalapeño pepper, onion, cilantro, salt and black
pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four
1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8
to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9
minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center
registers 160 degrees F, turning occasionally.
- Place each burger on lettuce leaf. Evenly top with tomato, avocado and
onion slices. Wrap lettuce leaves around burgers.
Yield: 4 servings | Total Recipe Time: 20 to 25 min
Test Kitchen Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground
beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 254 calories; 15 g fat (4 g saturated
fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 75mg cholesterol; 137 mg sodium; 8 g
carbohydrate; 4.8 g fiber; 24 g protein; 6.1 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 2.1
mcg vitamin B12; 3.1 mg iron; 18.7 mcg selenium; 5.9 mg zinc; 85.7 mg choline
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, zinc, niacin, vitamin B6,
vitamin B12 and selenium, and a good source of iron and dietary fiber.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.