Abuelita Enmoladas are delicious tortillas that have been dipped into this special chocolate sauce then filled with crumbled panela cheese. For garnish, sprinkle with sesame seeds and top with chopped onions and freshly chopped cilantro.
Prep: 20 min | Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup prepared red sofrito (such as Goya or Ducal)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce from a can, seeded if desired
- 2 tablespoons canned adobo sauce from the chipotle chiles
- 1 tablespoon Maggi Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 (90 gram) tablet Nestlé Abuelita Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 large corn tortillas
- 2 cups crumbled panela cheese
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped onions
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Place water, sofrito, chipotle chiles, adobo sauce and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Place mixture in large saucepan. Add Abuelita chocolate. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until chocolate has dissolved completely and sauce has thickened. Set aside; keep warm.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Fry tortillas one at a time for 2 to 3 seconds to soften. Drain tortillas on paper towels. Dip tortillas into Abuelita mixture.
- Fill dipped tortillas evenly with cheese; roll and place in serving dish. Pour remaining Abuelita sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and top with onion and cilantro; serve immediately.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com