Masa Harina Enchilada Patties
- 1 (2 pound) bag Masa Harina
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
- 2 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- 1 quart milk, warmed (not scalded)
- Put masa in a large bowl with baking powder, cheese, if desired,
then milk. Mix thoroughly. Make balls the size of golf balls (or
as large as you like). Put one ball on a clean dampened towel and
put the other half of the dish towel over the patty. Mash with a
salad plate. Repeat with remaining balls of dough.
- Fry in pure lard, about 1/2 inch deep. Do not fry in lard that is too hot as they
will not get done inside and will burn. Hot grease is necessary,
These will freeze well for a long time after they are cooked.
A good serving suggestion is to serve them piping hot with chili
Colorado over them, along with frijoles and Spanish rice on the
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Meatless Recipes