Chicken Chile Mac 'n Cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Anaheim chile peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 pound) box macaroni pasta, cooked
- 8 ounces grilled chicken breast, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can California Black Ripe Olives, whole, pitted
- 1/2 cup Japanese style panko breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until melted and foamy.
- Stir in peppers and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 1-2 more minutes until smooth and golden.
- Whisk in chicken broth, a half cup at a time, until smooth and bring to
- Turn heat down to simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and remove from heat.
- Add pasta, chicken and California Ripe Olives and pour into a lightly greased
9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Top with breadcrumbs, sprinkle with paprika and bake in a 400 degree F oven
for 15-20 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: Calories 340, Fat 6g, Cholesterol 10mg,
Sodium 670mg, Carbohydrate 51g, Protein 17g, Calories from fat 17%
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
California Olive Committee.