- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 16 ounces tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese with peppers
- 1 egg
- 10 to 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Add spices and 16 ounces chopped tomatoes;
- Cover bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with half of the corn tortillas. Pour
beef mixture over tortillas and place rest of tortillas over the beef layer. Set
- In a medium bowl, combine the cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and egg; pour
over tortilla layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top in diagonal rows with Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato,
green onions and black olives.
- Serve hot.
Posted by artsycook at Recipe Goldmine May 7, 2001.