Mexican Spaghetti Pie
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped olives
- 2 tablespoons green chile peppers
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (comino)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 6 ounces crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Cook and drain pasta, and let cool slightly. Stir in butter, parmesan
cheese and eggs. Spread into the bottom of a large greased baking
- Brown onion and ground beef. Stir in kidney beans, undrained tomatoes
and tomato paste. Add chopped green chiles, chile flakes, sugar
and cumin. Let simmer at least 30 minutes or longer.
- Pour meat mixture over pasta in baking dish. Top with the shredded
cheese, olives and tortilla chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes or until brown.
Yield: 6 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.