Spaghetti in Red Chile Sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk or heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- Cook spaghetti with salt; drain.
- Add melted butter and evaporated milk or heavy cream mixed with garlic.
- Fold in warm red enchilada sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into a long baking dish.
- Sprinkle with mixed cheeses and oregano.
- Bake, covered, at 325 degrees F, until bubbling, about 15 minutes. Check often as red sauce tends
to scorch easily.