Spicy Chicken Lasagna
- 2 yellow bell peppers, halved, cored and seeded
- 1 cup bottled green salsa
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole corn, drained
- Place pepper halves over fire or on broiler pan rack, cut sides down. Broil
or char until skins are mostly charred. Remove peppers to a saucepan, cover
and let stand 10 minutes.
- Pull charred skin from peppers (some will remain), then cut peppers in 1
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Have a 9 x 13-inch baking dish ready.
- Spread 1/4 cup salsa over bottom of baking dish. Top with 3 noodles placed
crosswise, leaving 1 inch between each.
- Whisk sour cream, milk, egg and flour in a medium bowl until blended (mixture
will be thin). Pour 2/3 cup sauce over the noodles to cover. Scatter chicken,
then 1/4 cup cilantro over top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack
cheese and dot with 2 tablespoons salsa. Cover with 3 more noodles and another
2/3 cup sauce. Top with yellow peppers, 1/2 cup cheese, the corn and 1/4 cup
cilantro. Top with 3 more noodles and the remaining sauce, salsa and cheese.
Cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until noodles are tender.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cilantro.