Taos Chicken Pasta
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves (or 2 tablespoons fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound thinly sliced uncooked chicken breasts
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cashews or peanuts (optional)
- 1 pound bow tie pasta or other medium shape
- Combine soy sauce, oil, wine, basil, red pepper flakes, ginger and garlic powder
and marinate with chicken for 2 to 3 hours, refrigerated. Stir occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Pour off marinade and save.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick spray, cook chicken until lightly browned
and no longer pink in center.
- Add red pepper and sauté 5 minutes; remove from skillet and add marinade to skillet.
Stir in cornstarch and cook until thickened.
- Add cooked chicken, peppers and cashews.
- Serve chicken mixture over cooked pasta.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition: One serving (with the cashews) provides approximately: 445 calories,
24 g protein, 48 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 18 g fat (4 g saturated), 34 mg cholesterol,
120 mcg folate, 3 mg iron, 648 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Wheat Foods Council.