Kahlua Ice Cream Pie
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package chocolate wafers, finely crushed (about 40 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- Chocolate Scrolls
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate crumbs, sugar and butter, Press
into a 9-inch round cake pan and chill.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with rum until light and fluffy.
Fold in ice cream. Pour into crust and freeze at least 4 hours.
- In a chilled bowl, whip cream, sugar and Kahlua until stiff peaks
form. Swirl onto top of pie. Garnish with Chocolate Scrolls. Freeze
for at least two hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Chocolate Scrolls: Allow squares of semisweet chocolate to warm slightly. Using a vegetable
peeler, peel scrolls from chocolate onto a plate.
- Refrigerate until firm.