Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4 cups nacho cheese tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place chips in lightly greased 9 inch pie plate and set aside.
- In skillet, over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over chips. Top with beans, tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 15 to 17 minutes or until heated through.