River Walk Strawberry Pie
Straight from San Antonio!
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- Thaw strawberries in a colander. When they reach room temperature,
combine them in a large mixing bowl with the sugar, egg whites,
lemon juice and dash of salt. Beat until very stiff, about 15 to
- Fold the whipped cream and vanilla or almond extract into the beaten
berry mixture and pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Freeze the dessert
for 2 to 3 hours or until very firm.