- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package quick rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- About 2/3 cup very warm water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup crushed corn chips
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomato
- Sour cream
- Meat Filling: Brown ground beef with chopped onion. Add taco seasoning
and water. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Taco Crust: In medium bowl combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar, onion
and salt; mix well. Add Very warm water and oil to mixture. Mix
by hand until almost smooth. Stir in corn chips and enough of remaining
flour to make a stiff batter. Spread in a well-greased 10-inch pie
pan. Cover and let rise 10 minutes.
- Spread meat filling over dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
- Toppings: Sprinkle with cheese, lettuce and tomato. Dot with sour cream.
Yield: 6 servings