- 3 cups finely cooked chicken (or canned)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) box frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed, pie pastry for double-crust 10-inch pie or flour tortillas
- In a bowl, combine chicken, chiles, onions, cheese, and seasonings.
Mix well; chill until ready to use.
- Remove half of the pastry from the refrigerator at a time. On a
lightly floured board, roll to a 9 x 12-inch rectangle. Cut into
9 small rectangles. Place about 2 tablespoons filling across the
center of each rectangle. Wet edges of pastry around filling. Crimp
ends with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
Place, seam side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet.
until ready to heat.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with salsa and guacamole.
Yield: 18 appetizers or 6-8 main dish servings.