Chicken and Cheese Tostadas
Cheese and sour cream in a tostada that’s low-fat? You may say no way, but we
say way. And also, olé!
- 6 TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Flour Tortillas
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped, divided
- 2 cups KRAFT FREE Shredded Non-Fat Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 6 tablespoons BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place tortillas in single layer on large baking sheet; spray with cooking spray.
Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon seasoning mix.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until tortillas are crisp and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken, remaining seasoning mix and water in large skillet.
Bring to boil on medium-high heat; simmer on medium-low 5 minutes or until chicken
is done, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 1/2 cups tomatoes; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto tortillas; top with remaining ingredients.
Prep Time: 20 min | Total Time: 20 min | Yield: 6 serving
How to Easily Cut Chicken: Cutting boneless
skinless chicken breasts into pieces can be a slippery task. Make it safer and prevent
the knife from slipping by cutting the chicken while it is partially frozen. The
firmer chicken is much easier to cut and handle.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com
TACO BELL® and HOME ORIGINALS® are trademarks owned and licensed by Taco Bell