Chicken in Cilantro Sauce
This makes a delightful brunch or lunch dish. It's very easy
to prepare, and it will wow your guests.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch cilantro, tough stems removed, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 serrano chiles, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- Place the chicken breasts in a large pot, add water to cover and
bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly. Transfer to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the cilantro, chiles, milk and salt and pepper
in a blender and blend thoroughly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onion
until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cilantro mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Source: Los Barrios Family Cookbook