Chicken Fajita Pasta Toss
- 8 ounces vermicelli or thin pasta, drained and kept warm
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 cup quartered, sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) can chiles, drained and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges optional
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet
over medium high heat. Add chicken; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until
no longer pink.
- Add onion, bell pepper and chiles; cook,
stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir taco sauce,
water and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook,
stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Serve over pasta. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.