Salsa Chicken over Rice
Substitute shredded cheddar cheese for less zest.
- 2 cups cooked white rice, kept warm
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound
boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces)
shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion
and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken
is no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover;
let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Cooling Time: 5 mins standing
Nutritional information: Calories: 354 Calories from Fat: 90 Total Fat: 10
g Saturated Fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 78 mg Sodium: 644 mg Carbohydrates: 33 g Dietary
Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 4 g Protein: 32 g
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé® and meals.com.
>> Southwestern Chicken, Turkey and Cornish Hen
>> Mexican Chicken Recipes