Sonoran Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes with garlic, oregano and basil
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (14 ounce) can no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 or 2 (16 ounce) cans white beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Cheddar cheese for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots
and garlic and sauté until the shallots are soft.
- Add all the tomatoes, chicken broth, green chiles, oregano, coriander
and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken and beans and mix well. Cook until heated through.
- Add lime juice and pepper and mix well.
- Serve garnished with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Makes 8 servings.
Approximate values per serving: 250 calories, 5 g fat, 60 mg
cholesterol, 30 g protein, 23 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 404 mg
sodium, 19 percent calories from fat
Source: The Arizona Republic - March 21, 2001