Southwest Chicken with Honey Roasted Corn Salsa
Why not Mexican tonight? You'll find all the zesty flavors you love in this
recipe for a fast and flavorful chicken dinner.
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken
breasts (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-ounce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 (11.8 ounce)
bag Green Giant™ Seasoned Steamers™ frozen honey roasted sweet corn or 1 bag (12 oz)Green
Giant™ Valley Fresh Steamers™ Niblets™ frozen corn
- 1 1/4 cups Old El Paso™ Thick 'n
- Cook rice in water as directed on box. Meanwhile, coat chicken with taco seasoning
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
Cook chicken in oil for 6 to 10 minutes, turning once, until golden brown on outside
and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165
degrees F). Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Cook zucchini in oil 3 minutes,
- Meanwhile, cook corn in microwave as directed on bag. Add corn and salsa to skillet;
cook for about 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve chicken over rice; top with salsa mixture.
prep time 30 min
total time 30 min
You can use summer squash in place of the zucchini if you like.
Change up the spice level by the type of salsa you use. Mild for less spice and
hot for extra-spicy flavor.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 650 Calories from Fat 90
Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 1 1/2g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 70mg Sodium 1110mg Total
Carbohydrate 104g Dietary Fiber 4g Sugars 1g Protein 35g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 10% Calcium 6% Iron 25%
Exchanges: 4 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 3 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
>> Southwestern Chicken, Turkey and Cornish Hen
>> Mexican Chicken Recipes