Southwestern Cornish Game Hens
Cornish game hens are marinated in lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, cilantro and mesquite meal.
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh
- 1 tablespoon mesquite meal
- 3 Cornish Game Hens
- Kosher or sea
salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges and cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Combine lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, cilantro and mesquite meal
in a large bowl and mix well.
- Remove giblets from the game hens; set aside for another use. Wash the
- Place the game hens into the marinade, coating the game hens. Place them
into the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning the game hens after 1 hour.
- Remove game hens from the refrigerator, and salt and pepper the cavities.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the game hens on their backs and cover them.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 1
3/4 hours, basting with the marinade every 15 minutes.