Spicy Shredded Chicken Filling
(Relleno de Pollo Sazonado)
This filling is particularly delicious in flautas, tacos and enchiladas.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 jalapeno chiles, minced (no seeds)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 small tomatoes, chopped
- Shredded chicken from 2 breasts
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a Dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic,
chiles and onion until soft but not browned.
- Add tomatoes, shredded chicken, oregano, salt and enough chicken
broth to barely cover the ingredients. Simmer, stirring frequently,
until nearly all the liquid has evaporated.
Yield: about 2 1/2 cups shredded filling