Taos Chicken Mole
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
cup prepared tomato/pepper salsa
- 1 cup white bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon plus
1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Sauté ed red, green
and yellow bell pepper strips
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage, divided
- In plastic bag, mix together bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning
mix, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon sage. Add chicken and shake until
each piece is well coated.
- In large heavy skillet, place oil and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken
and saute, turning, about 6 minutes, or until brown on both sides. Cover and cook
about 25 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- In small saucepan, place salsa, sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon cocoa powder and
remaining 1 teaspoon sage. Heat on low temperature and simmer 2 minutes. Cover and
reduce heat to warm. Remove chicken from skillet to warm plate and top with salsa.
Garnish with pepper strips.
Makes 4 servings.
>> Southwestern Chicken, Turkey and Cornish Hen
>> Mexican Chicken Recipes