- 2 cups corn masa mix
- 1 1/8 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups pinto refried beans
- 2 cups mole poblano (one 16 ounce jar)
- 1 whole chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Mix the corn masa mix with water and a pinch of salt. Knead and let rest.
- Form 10 medium-size balls; flatten into tortilla shape. Cook on pan or griddle.
Then fry until golden. Drain.
- Heat beans and mole separately. Spread each tlayuda with a tablespoon of beans;
top with shredded chicken and mole. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Makes 10 tlayudas.
>> Southwestern Chicken, Turkey and Cornish Hen