Pulled Pork Tostadas with
Slaw and Chipotle Cream
If you like, you can use regular tortillas, warmed up, instead of the crisped
ones, to make soft tacos instead of tostadas. Experiment with the slaw to make it
your own – try adding shredded zucchini, thinly sliced bell pepper, or diced cucumber.
- 1 pound cooked pulled pork, * warm or room temperature
- 3 or 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, or other neutral-flavored oil
- 8 cups shredded cabbage, or 1 (10-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 chipotle chile from a can of chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeded and finely minced
- 6 (8-inch) tostadas, (flat, crisped corn tortillas)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 radishes, cut into wedges
- Halve and squeeze 1 or 2 of the limes to yield 2 tablespoons of juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice and oil. Add the cabbage, onion, and
cilantro, tossing to combine. Add salt to taste.
- Cut the remaining 2 limes into 6 wedges each. Set the slaw and lime wedges aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and chipotle pepper. Season with salt
and set aside.
- Arrange the tostadas on plates. Top with the pork, slaw, sour cream mixture,
and tomatoes. Arrange the lime and radish wedges alongside and serve.
Prep 30 min | Serves 6
Nutritional Information: Calories: 350 calories Protein: 22 grams Fat: 12
grams Sodium: 380 milligrams Cholesterol: 50 milligrams Saturated Fat: 2 grams Carbohydrates:
39 grams Fiber: 6 grams
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com