- 5 medium cloves garlic, unpeeled *
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can diced green chiles, drained (4 ounces)
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 8 ounces Asiago cheese, thinly sliced **
- Salsa (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- Heat a medium heavy skillet over low heat. Add garlic cloves and
cook until garlic skin is dark brown, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool. Peel and slice garlic.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions until slightly
limp, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and chilies. Remove
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel. Place one tortilla
in skillet. Arrange one fourth of the cheese on half of the tortilla.
Top with one fourth of the onion mixture. Fold remaining half of
tortilla over filling. Cook on each side until light brown, approximately
2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and repeat with remaining ingredients.
Cut each quesadilla into thirds.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
* 5 roasted garlic cloves can be substituted for pan roasted garlic.
Roasted garlic in jars is available at many supermarkets.
** May substitute with Monterey Jack.
Reprinted with permission from
the American Dairy Association.