- 12 flour tortillas
- 3/4 pound Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 5 or 6 roasted green chiles, skins and seeds removed, chopped, or 3 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 3/4 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- Sour cream, if desired
- Lay out 6 tortillas, reserving 6. In medium bowl, combine remaining
ingredients, and distribute evenly over each tortilla. Cover each
with another tortilla.
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Fry tortillas, one at a time, until bottom is crisp. With a wide
pancake turner, turn, and fry other side until crisp. Remove from
heat, and drain on paper towels. Cut into 8 wedges. Repeat with
- Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Yield: 48 wedges