Roast Beef Quesadillas
- 6 ounces deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa, divided
- 3/4 cup Colby-jack cheese, shredded *
- 4 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- Place onion and bell pepper in small microwave-safe bowl. Cover
and microwave at HIGH 3 to 4 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking
time. Stir in 3 tablespoons salsa; reserve.
- Sprinkle an equal amount of cheese evenly on each tortilla. Arrange
deli roast beef over cheese; top with equal amount of reserved vegetable
mixture. Fold tortillas over to close.
- Meanwhile heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes.
Cook two quesadillas in skillet 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, turning once.
Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Serve with remaining salsa.
Yield: 4 servings
Shredded Monterey jack, Colby or Cheddar cheese may be substituted
for Colby-jack cheese (Co-jack).
Microwave Directions: Place two quesadillas on 12-inch microwave-safe
plate. Cover with moistened paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 1 to
1 1/2 minutes or until hot. Repeat with remaining 2 quesadillas.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 285 Calories; 11g Fat (34.6% calories from fat);
21g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1