- 2 flour or corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated medium Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced avocados
- Sliced green onions, to taste (Include green tops)
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Spread one of the tortillas with the cheese and add the remaining
ingredients. Top with the other tortilla and brown in a lightly
greased skillet. Turn and brown on the other side.
- Cut into wedges.
You can also add fajita chicken. This is the recipe that I use:
Fajita Chicken: Soak chicken in salt water for 1 hour. Pat dry. Brush the chicken
with vegetable oil. Make a paste from the chili powder, oregano
and lime juice. Rub the paste over the chicken and refrigerate for
several hours. Grill. Slice very thin after grilling. Make your
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 4/1/02 3:13:38 pm.