Smoky Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded, roasted chicken
- 3 canned chipotle chiles, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced at an angle
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) grated cheese *
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, chiles, cilantro and scallions.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with butter and place, buttered
side down, on a baking sheet. Brush tops with butter. Spread equal
amounts of grated cheese mix over each tortilla and bake for 5 minutes,
- Spoon equal amounts of chicken mixture over half of each tortilla
and fold over to enclose. Return to oven just long enough to heat
through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, whole or cut into wedges.
Yield: 6 servings
* A mixture of Mexican cheeses is recommended. An easy-melting cheese
such as Mexican (not Spanish) Manchego cheese, Monterey Jack, Muenster
or a mild Cheddar is a must. It may be mixed with a drier cheese,
such as Anejo or Panela, or some Parmesan, Romano or extra-sharp
Source: Mexican Cooking for Dummies