- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- Drain and chop the tomatoes reserving the liquid. Add enough water
to equal 3 1/2 cups of liquid total. Dissolve the bouillon in the
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add the rice
and sauté until it puffs up and turns a light golden color. Add
the cumin, garlic, and onion. Fry for about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes
and fry until any remaining liquid has evaporated stirring constantly.
Add the liquid and stir to mix the rice.
- Lower the heat and simmer the rice until the liquid level is just
below the surface of the rice and holes begin to form in the rice
(about 10 - 15 minutes).
- Cover the pan and continue cooking on very
low heat until all the liquid is absorbed (approximately another
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 1/31/2002 10:38 am.