Ensalada de Noche Buena
(Christmas Eve Salad)
- 2 medium oranges, pared and sectioned
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can sliced beets, drained(reserve liquid)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained (reserve juice)
- 1/2 jicama, pared and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash of salt
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds or sliced radishes
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Place oranges, bananas, beets, pineapple and jicama in bowl.
- Mix reserved beet liquid, pineapple juice, the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons sugar
and the salt; pour over fruit. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain.
- Arrange fruit on shredded lettuce. Garnish with lime, peanuts and pomegranate
- Mix aniseed and the 1 tablespoon sugar; sprinkle over salad.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.