Margarita Shrimp Salad
To Marinate the Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Serrano chile, diced
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
To finish the Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 1 large tomato
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups salad greens
- Tortilla chips for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Combine the cilantro, garlic, Serrano chile, tequila, triple sec, lime juice
and lime zest. Add the shrimp and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain the shrimp and place marinade in a saucepan. Boil for 4-5 minutes until
it is reduced by half. Let cool.
- Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set the dressing
- Grill the shrimp until cooked through. Shrimp can be served warm or room temperature.
- Combine the tomato, bell pepper, and salad greens in a bowl. Toss with the dressing.
- Serve on a plate topped with the shrimp and garnish with tortilla chips and lime