Mexican Gazpacho Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cucumber, pared, halved and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 tablespoon diced green chiles
- Core, rinse and thoroughly drain lettuce. Refrigerate in closed plastic bag or
- Prepare remaining ingredients.
- To assemble salad, cut lettuce into 4 wedges; arrange in spoke fashion in salad
- Combine green onion, cucumber, tomatoes and green pepper and heap into center
of shallow bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with Salsa Dressing.
Nutrition Information: Calories, 61; fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber,
3 g; sodium, 242 mg; percent calories from fat, 10%