Nopalito Salad (Prickly Pear Cactus Salad)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small yellow onion, halved and cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cup canned nopal cactus, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) jar pimentos, rinsed, or 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups jicama, chopped
- Whisk or blend dressing ingredients vigorously to combine. Adjust
seasonings to taste.
- Place the onions in a colander. Pour about
1 quart boiling water over them. This removes the raw taste and
leaves the onions crisp. Rinse immediately with cold water and let
- Toss together the onions, cactus, pimentos or red bell peppers
- Toss the dressing and salad together just prior to serving.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.