I acquired this recipe many years ago before taco salads became popular. It's
delicious and has been an often-requested recipe of mine so I thought I'd pass
it on! It makes a huge amount so the recipe suggests mixing it up in the kitchen
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/4 head red cabbage
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 bag corn chips
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle 1000 Island salad dressing
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, browned
- 1 (4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 1 large can kidney beans
- 1 can refried beans (optional)
- Salad: Mix first 8 ingredients together in very large bowl or clean kitchen sink.
- Add meat sauce and toss.
- Serve warm.
Posted by Angel On Earth at Recipe Goldmine 6/12/01 11:38:56 am.