Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Serve this with grilled chicken and meat.
- 2 medium fresh ears of corn, roasted or steamed, then cooled
- 1 cup black beans,
cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely minced red
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely
minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red jalapeno chile,
seeded and finely minced, or to taste
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and finely
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Cut corn kernels from the cob with a sharp knife. Stir together kernels and remaining
ingredients except salt in a mixing bowl. Taste and add salt, as needed.
- Cover and
refrigerate until ready to serve.