Bloody Mary Salsa
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled in alternating strips, seeds removed, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 small celery stalks with leaves, peeled to remove strings, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish or 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 red radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine cucumber, celery, horseradish, tomatoes, radishes, jalapeno
and dill in a bowl; toss to combine.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper; toss again.
- Let stand for about 30 minutes before serving.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
Per serving: 21 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 5 g carbohydrate,
302 mg sodium, 1 g protein, 1 g dietary fiber