- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon mashed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup capers, washed and drained
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven and sauté onion with tomatoes. Cook, stirring
often, over low heat. Add garlic and tarragon and season with salt
and pepper. Add water, bouillon granules, sugar and all but 2 tablespoons
of the capers. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes. Cool.
- Pour mixture into a blender and puree.
- To use, pour over cooked meat or chicken and heat in a 350 degrees
F oven until bubbly.
- Arrange on a serving platter, pour sauce over all, and garnish with
It is also good with cooked shrimp.