Green Chile Sauce
The best green chiles are grown in Hatch, New Mexico.
- 8 large green New Mexico chiles
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped *
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
* The cilantro should be loosely packed.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Seed, peel and coarsely chop chiles.
- Combine ingredients and allow to macerate for 1/2 hour.
Yield: enough sauce to serve 4 with chips or with a meal