Pico de Gallo (Beak of the Rooster)
Pico de Gallo is probably the most famous of any salsas. You can make it chunky or smooth.
If you prefer smooth salsa as opposed to chunky, whirl everything in a blender.
- 3 large tomatoes, diced*
- 1 medium size red or white onion, diced**
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped (use more or less depending on your taste)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped (or more if you prefer it hotter)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced (optional)
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced (optional)
* You can roast the tomatoes for great flavor. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Place whole tomatoes in the skillet and toast the outsides until the skin begins to break and split apart. Remove from heat and continue with recipe.
** I prefer red onion for the color.
- Wash tomatoes and cilantro.
- Dice tomatoes, onions, chop cilantro, jalapenos and the optional ingredients (avocado, cucumber).
- Put ingredients into a bowl.
- Add salt, garlic and the lemon juice. Mix well.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.