Pineapple Salsa 3
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) peeled fresh pineapple, with core removed and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, white part and 2 inches of green tops, finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- Combine the pineapple, mango, peppers, scallions, garlic and cilantro
in a medium nonreactive mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add lime juice and honey and mix well to combine.
- To serve, bring to room temperature 30 minutes before serving on
grilled chicken or fish.
Yield: 1 1/2 to 2 cups
This may be prepared 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.