Pineapple Salsa 3
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) peeled fresh pineapple, with core removed and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, white part and 2 inches of green tops, finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- Combine the pineapple, mango, peppers, scallions, garlic and cilantro
in a medium nonreactive mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add lime juice and honey and mix well to combine.
- To serve, bring to room temperature 30 minutes before serving on
grilled chicken or fish.
Yield: 1 1/2 to 2 cups
This may be prepared 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.