Quick Pumpkin Seed Sauce
- 4 mild New Mexican red chiles
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 3/4 cup dry pumpkin seeds, peeled
- 1 slice toast
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- After cleaning the chiles, wash and soak the pods in warm water
to cover for 20 minutes.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds, almonds and chile seeds in a dry skillet.
Grind together with the chiles, toast and garlic to a fine paste.
Add the broth or water, as much as it needs, and cook over low heat
until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add very hot
oil to the sauce. Return it to the heat and cook slowly, stirring
constantly, until the oil comes to the surface. Add salt last as
it will curdle if the salt is added sooner.
- To use, add 4 pounds of cooked poultry wings, breast, thighs and
legs to the sauce. Heat for 20 minutes longer, then serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.