- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno chiles, seeded/minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Light beef broth or water
- Heat olive oil, then add chiles and onion; cook until they begin
to soften, but do not allow them to brown.
- Add remaining ingredients
except for water or broth and cook, stirring frequently, for 1/2
hour over very low heat.
- Add just enough broth or water to make the sauce a little soupy
and continue cooking an additional 10 minutes. The sauce should
be thick enough to coat a spoon without immediately running off,
so add more liquid or cook a while longer, as necessary.
Yields enough to serve 4 with chips or with a meal.
Use this with Ranch Eggs, also.