Red Chile Sauce
- 36 medium dried red Anaheim chiles
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Rinse, stem and seed the chiles, and place in a pot filled with
water. Cover; bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat, and
simmer 20 to 30 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the cooked chiles and place them, along with the garlic and
salt, in a blender or food processor. Blend to a thick puree.
- Add the stock and blend for another minute.
- Press the sauce through a fine sieve.