Strawberry Mango Sauce
This is good as a topping for dessert tamales. You can also spoon
it over rice pudding or use it as an ice cream topping.
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- Place all ingredients in a medium-size non-reactive pot. Bring to
a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until slightly thickened but
still brightly colored, about 15 minutes.
- Use immediately or set aside at room temperature for up to several